This recipe is so versatile and can be used for any fish, I love Swai it’s a tropical catfish with a buttery flakey salty taste, NO FISHY TASTE, and that’s the best part. This fish can be paired with any sides, today I paired with some wilted spinach.
Lets get to it !
You will need:
1/2 C Brown rice flour ( I used Bob’s red mill )
2 fillets of fish ( Swai ) or more if they’re smaller
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp baking soda ( for crispiness )
1/2 tsp chili powder ( for a little kick )
1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
Pepper , however much you desire
1 tsp Parmesan cheese ( I used the powdered, shredded works too )
Preheat oven to 400• , baking time is 15 minutes
– Prepare your fish, make sure it is fully blotted from all water and set aside
– In a shallow bowl crack egg whisk and set aside
– I used a long Tupperware to allow room for the fillets, but grab any dish you want and were going to mix up the dry ingredients, brown rice flour, garlic powder, baking soda, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese
- Once everything is all ready to go get your pan out to bake on, I lined mine with aluminum foil , but regardless make sure you spray your pan or foil. When I made this they stuck a little
-Then take your fish fillets dip into egg, then toss in flour mix patting fillet and making sure it’s fully and evenly coated. Doing this process once makes a good crust, but feel free to dip twice.
- Once your fillets are all coated put them in the oven and set your timer for 15 minutes if you’re using Swai.
Make your side you’re going to pair the fish with, and plate it all up and ENJOY!!
The fish turned out very light and crispy and would be a great alternative to use for homemade fish sticks to feed your children or with any other protein.
Hope you enjoy this simple and healthy recipe!!
Much love and happiness